‘The principle of lifelong learning has informed my personal and professional leadership development. This has been supported by the generosity of others’ willingness to share their accumulated knowledge for which I’m forever grateful. The principle also applies to business, the exchange of valuable insights and knowledge among business leaders will always be the most impactful learning experience for a CEO.‘
Stewart Dellar is a dynamic professional having had a stella career spanning 25-years+ in leadership roles with multinationals such as BlueScope and Boral. His industry experience covers the manufacturing (industrial/steel), building and construction and resources (oil & gas) sectors.
He’s acknowledged by Boards and CEOs for strategic thinking, agility and opening new markets. He has a wealth of experience in conceiving and evolving industry-leading business models, executing change and transformation programs and fostering cross-cultural relationships domestically and internationally. Stewart’s leadership style centres on people, customer-centricity, innovation and continual improvement.
Stewart is also known as an authority on manufacturing ‘Quick Response Management’ and has presented at various international forums, including the World Expo 2010 and Australia China Business Week. His insights on sustainability, leadership and business success have been featured in interviews and forums.
As the Principal Consultant and Key Advisor at Stellar Business Advisors since February 2015, Stewart has also served as a Non-Executive Director and consultant for MIWATJ Health Aboriginal Corporation and Premier Resources Group. His professional and volunteer mentor and education roles include guiding undergraduate and post graduate students at UQ BEL Career Mentoring Program and secondary schooling institutions in Queensland.
Stewart’s core values include commitment, trust, credibility, consistency, integrity and balance. He emphasises the importance of maintaining a balance between work, family and health.
Professional career highlights include:
- Orchestrated strategic audits and investor memorandums for industry consolidations in horticulture for Australia and Systemised Building Solutions for Asia Pacific for the purpose to secure initial capital raises of $40M AUD and $50M AUD respectively.
- Conducted a full Strategic Audit Review for Ranbuild’s entry into the South African market, creating a solid strategy and execution plan.
- Led a comprehensive Strategic Audit Review for Australian Building Solutions, successfully turning around non-profitable businesses within four months.
- Appointed to lead a forensic investigation of BlueScope Water’s product recall, managing the process with minimal organisational impact.
- Chaired the steering committee for the commissioning of BlueScope Xian, the first China 3-Star and Gold Leed certified facility, with CEO and Board approval for a $60M AUD Greenfield facility.
- Led a Strategic Audit Review for BlueScope Steel Asean, obtaining CEO and Executive Lead Team approval for recommendations across five ASEAN countries.
- Spearheaded a strategic direction shift for BlueScope Butler China, achieving remarkable improvements in safety, financial metrics, and organisational culture.
- Successfully implemented a cost reduction program and organisational culture change for BlueScope Butler China.
- Received silver award recognition for safety at BlueScope Lysaght WA Forrestfield site from WorkCover WA.
- Played a pivotal role in growing BlueScope Lysaght WA’s business, achieving significant improvements in safety, revenue, volume, price, and EBIT.