Chief Executive Program
'My specialty is building and executing strategy for growth. I am familiar with all the bumps along the road and I help CEOs and business founders navigate those for success. My mission is to help Queensland businesses grow and succeed.'
- Successful 30 year career in financial services including operational (p&l) leadership, strategy and M&A, brand and marketing, product development and management at an executive level
- 15 years' of governance experience as a non-executive director across finance, start-ups, not-for-profits, the arts, professional services and education
- Telstra Business Women Award Finalist
- Executive MBA from INSEAD (Top Global Business School)
Rhyll Gardner is a proven senior executive with over thirty years' of broad experience along with strong governance and leadership skills developed through a combination of diverse roles managing businesses and leading strategic decision making, growth, turnarounds, critical operations, acquisitions, divestments and re-organisation.
She brings a depth and breadth of experience across the corporate, private and not-for-profit sectors and adds value through her ability to quickly interpret and apply a strategic, lateral thought process to problems and issues. Rhyll is described as 'an inspirational leader and a great role model', as 'highly energetic, focused and organised', 'with a strategic focus and an eye for detail'.
Over a long career in banking and financial services at St.George Bank, Westpac, Suncorp and BOQ, Rhyll filled executive management roles in treasury, risk, compliance, marketing, corporate banking, retail banking, strategy and M&A.
Rhyll also has over 15 years' of governance and board experience as a director in the finance, education, social services and arts sectors.
Now as a TEC Chair, Rhyll brings an expansive array of talents from people management and leadership to finance and strategy.
- Management and leadership development
- Relationship Management and Stakeholder Engagement
- Strategy Development, Planning, Management and Execution
- Operational and Business Plan Review and Development
- Governance and Compliance
- Change Management
- Executive and Business Owner Mentoring and Coaching
- M&A and growth strategy