'TEC is about challenge. TEC is about support. TEC is about being the safest environment you possibly can have where you actually go away and take action. TEC is about making decisions faster, with more confidence, and doing it where you know you have got a group of people who will support you in those decisions.’
- Graduated from Cambridge University as a Civil Engineer and MBA from Harvard
- Worked for an international contractor in the UK, Middle East and the Caribbean.
- First MD role came at the age of 34, running a 150 year old industrial textiles business.
- Ran two of the UK largest credit insurers and was on the board of, at the time, the largest credit insurer in the world based in the Netherlands.
- Developed one of the UK’s leading independent invoice financiers
- Chairman of the Trade Credit Insurance Committee of the Association of British Insurers during the mid 2000’s
Jon Lindsay has experience as a CEO, GM and other roles in international manufacturing, distribution, and business-to-business service industries where he established a track record as an innovator and a leader of industry change.
Following an early career in international project management as a civil engineer, Jon graduated with an MBA from Harvard. In the late 80’s he was involved in business development of aerospace materials and took on his first MD role at the age of 34 running a 150 year old industrial textiles business. In this role Jon was one of the early adopters of the Investors in People standard in the UK.
This led to a senior role in man-made fibres including the development of the global Tencel brand. A change of industry to financial services in the late 90’s, led him to run two of the UK’s largest credit insurers insuring most of the UK’s top exporters. It was at this time Jon became a member of TEC and through TEC was introduced to the concept of Lean Thinking, which he pioneered in the insurance industry.
Since his arrival in Australia in 2009, Jon has become one of Australia’s leading authorities in joined- up thinking for organisations, supporting business leaders in alignment and engagement of their executive team. Jon is a Managing Consultant at S A Partners, the global lean consultancy, in addition to his role as TEC Chair.
- Strategy development
- Strategy deployment
- Senior executive engagement
- Exit strategies
- Marketing strategies
- Change management and transformation
- Business process improvement
‘TEC’s been a great sounding board for our business in terms of giving me access to people that are going through similar experiences, it’s really helped push us forwards with the sophistication of the way we run and manage the business.’
Cameron Tuesley, Integral Technology Solutions