Chief Executive Program
‘The passion and experience I bring to the Chair role has been derived from many years of listening, questioning, guiding and mentoring senior executives and CEOs through a variety of industry business unit and functional leadership roles across Australia, New Zealand, the UK and USA.’
- 20 years' of senior management experience through a number of CEO roles for national and international commodity trading, risk management and financial services businesses
- Leadership positions in the United States, New Zealand and South East Asia
- Established a risk management consultancy company
Jeff Paterson’s general management career has embraced roles in stockbroking, investment banking, commodity trade financing, funds management and business risk analysis, including 9 years' with Elders XL and 18 years' with Standard & Poor’s.
He joined the latter firm’s forerunner, Australian Ratings in 1984 and became CEO in 1987, a position Jeff held after the 1990 acquisition by Standard & Poor’s, until transferred in 1995 to the company’s head office in New York. In the United States, he led Standard & Poor’s credit ratings information business division as its Senior Vice President until 1997 and then established and led a global sales and customer service unit until 2002, when he returned to Australia. During his term in New York, Jeff was a member of Standard & Poor’s Executive Committee (1995-2002) and Senior Operating Committee (2000-2002).
In 2003, Jeff established his own consultancy and project management business focused upon business operational risk management and corporate governance services.
- Leadership development
- Change management
- Financial structuring
- Risk management
- Succession plans for family businesses
- Business plans for small businesses