TEC Chair: Chief Executive Program
TEC Chair: Key Executive Program
I have a very diverse background in general management and chief executive roles covering primarily advanced technologies and professional service organisations and also had extensive Board experience.
I also lectured strategic management to the business management students at both Monash and Deakin Universities in 1995 and 1996 and still continues as a guest lecturer at Melbourne University. In 2009 I retired from the position of Chair of the Industry Advisory Board to the Centre for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship at the University of Melbourne.
- Selection by IBM Research for work on their first minicomputer design
- First Computer Audit Manager for Arthur Andersen in Australia (and effectively founder of their risk management practice)
- Appointment as first General Manager of the Potter Partners investment trusts
- The IPO of my first business – Software Corporation of Australia;
- Appointment as Managing Director of Australia’s oldest listed technology business, Datronics Corporation
Best piece of business advice:
Understand your own personal agenda, the personal agendas of each of your direct reports and key stakeholders and the personal agendas of your direct reports direct reports.
Professional memberships / Board positions:
Fellow of FINSIA, Fellow of CPA and Fellow of AICD;
Currently a Director of: Financial Synergy (2015) , AquaConneXions (2005), Leading Technology (2006), elisaKit.com (2012), Life Research (2012). Currently an advisory board member for Adept Turnkey (2014) and Billing Bureau (2008)
Formerly a Director of Leadtec (2006), Formero (2000), destra Corporation (2004), Heartland Communications (2005), Sonnet Corporation (2005), Australian Business Technology (2000), Telatid (1998), Pantek Corporation (1990), Datronics Corporation (1987), Software Corporation of Australia (1983)…..and many other former advisory board roles across many industries.