Ron Tomlian established Marketing Counsel his own strategic consultancy in 2001, specialising in branding and strategic marketing planning, strategic planning and implementation issues.
Since then, Marketing Counsel has assisted a wide range of organisations in understanding their environments through conducting appropriate research and subsequently responding to these through strategic planning and brand development, including guiding the internal cultural change often necessary. Clients include city and local councils, professional service providers, government organisations, manufacturers, utilities, financial institutions, charities and industry associations. Ron is also actively involved in helping companies develop a strategic insight into their clients and consumers through Squareholes Market Research, a company he helped found in 2005.
Ron has extensive knowledge of the concepts of marketing and how best to develop a marketing and entrepreneurial perspective in others. Currently he is lecturing in marketing in the MBA program of the International Graduate School of Business at the University of South Australia and marketing, service quality and consumer behaviour for the Masters of International Hospitality program of the Le Cordon Bleu School in Australia (through UniSA) and Japan (through Waseda University as Associate Professor).
In terms of background experience, Ron was previously the Executive Manager, Marketing and Communications with the Adelaide City Council where he lead a group of government agencies in developing ‘Adelaide Is… A Guide to Marketing Adelaide’. Prior to this Ron was Chief Executive of the Australian Institute of Management (SA) where he helped to establish an articulated pathway structure for the Institute’s management education products. His marketing career began with the energy industry, which culminated in his time as Marketing Manager with ETSA Power.
Apart from my history of government affiliations, Ron has an active involvement in both the business and not-for-profit sector and has been an SA Business Ambassador since 1999.
What to expect:
- Dialogue with other CEOs, owners and corporate leaders through interactive, engaging sessions
- One-to-one meetings with myself… a ‘reflective guide’
- Intensive analysis of organisational issues, strategies and solutions
- An understanding of different leadership and management styles
- Improved effectiveness as a leader and enhanced personal relationships
- An expansive network of reliable sources, referrals and experiences
- Greater confidence in leading your business in an increasingly changing global environment
- Growth of your business… your revenues, your profits and the value of your business