'My TEC chairs and peer members have been ‘by my side’ for 15 years. The TEC process made a profound impact on my professional and personal development, and ‘supercharged’ the building of a globally renowned business and culture.'
- Founding CEO of the globally renowned BridgeClimb Sydney across two decades
- 35 years of leadership practice in Theme/Amusement Parks, Experiential Attractions, Tourism, New Business and Project Development
- Expertise garnered across multiple disciplines, in private and public companies, and with entrepreneurial, corporate, industry and community stakeholders
- Board and Governance experience with industry and government bodies
- Adept at crafting foundation principles, strategy, and in empowering champions and champion teams to build enduring high-performance cultures
- 15 years of TEC member experience and learning prior to commencing TEC Chair role
Todd’s path over his 35-year vocational journey has fashioned his purpose now - to help other leaders craft high performance cultures.
As founding CEO and Managing Director of the world famous BridgeClimb Sydney he established and led the development of an enduring high-performance business culture across two decades. Voted best paid attraction in the world (2018), BridgeClimb made a hero of the Bridge and of four million Climbers. Industry leading results were matched by the OHSE outcomes, with zero serious Climber injuries, and zero lost time team injuries in the final seven years'. It was an unmatched leadership experience, with a commercial performance that continuously lifted to the record final contract year.
During his origin years with Luna Park Sydney and Australia’s Wonderland he managed multiple disciplines. From attractions, entertainment, admissions, retail, and food services to capital projects, engineering, facilities management, OHSE and more. Upon becoming CEO of Wonderland he steered the business through ownership change. He would later further his change, project and commercial development skills as CEO of Ardent Leisure Theme Parks. This period included the development of the Dreamworks and Indigenous projects at Dreamworld. Wonderland and Dreamworld both experienced tough challenges and lessons that Todd believes were formative in preparing him for the custodianship of BridgeClimb.
Early in his career, Todd was a founding director of the attractions industry body, later a Business Events Sydney director, and contributed to many state and federal government industry groups and committees.
Todd enjoys sharing what he has learned from entrepreneurs, other leaders, and TEC. His CEO roles were across a broad governance base, encompassing private and public companies, government, and community.
His active private practice provides a means to help leaders and organisations benefit from his ‘schooling’. He is fervent about uncovering aim, why’s and key ‘hard’ (tangible) and ‘soft’ (intangible) principles.
Building enduring foundations, principles, purpose, strategy, and crafting authentic, psychologically safe cultures with clear behaviours drives him. Understanding what never changes in high performance cultures - and what changes all the time. Commercial disciple and relentless ‘re-innovation’ characterise the businesses he has led.