'For all of my life I have had the privilege of being mentored by many wonderful people and it has ingrained in me the benefits of mentoring. When TEC commenced in WA in 2003 it was a time when I was seeking to establish my own portfolio of activities.Learning about the TEC mentoring concept made me realise that it would have been a great benefit to me during my CEO role and that it was absolutely aligned to my core principles.
What makes TEC unique and valuable is the combination of peer group interaction, access to world-class speakers and one-to-one mentoring, with networking being a valuable additional extra.
My TEC group members understand and value the concept and have all grown, for them personally and their organisations, by being part of a group of diverse CEOs and business owners.
Of all my portfolio activities, being a TEC Chair provides me with unique opportunities to stay relevant and grow – it is a privilege to have this role.’
- Achieving Cadetship with Bradford Insulation in 1966
- First managerial appointment State Manager of Bradford Insulation WA at 25
- Various management positions in 3 states within CSR Limited from 1974 to 1987
- Appointed General Manager Special Projects for Universal Waldeck 1986
- Appointed CEO Snap Printing Group in 1988
- Snap won Franchisor of the Year 4 times during my tenure
- Appointed by the federal government to advise on the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Forming my own franchise consulting company in 2001
- Winner of numerous TEC Chair awards including the international Hyndman Award in 2012
- Appointed to three commercial and two NFP Boards from 2006 to current