‘With over 30 years' of senior executive experience, my role as a TEC Chair provides me with an opportunity to help other CEOs and business leaders grow and succeed. I understand the importance and value of confidential one-to-one coaching and mentoring in developing personal judgement forming skills and business strategy.
I enjoy facilitating a strong collaborative group who openly share their experiences, learn, encourage and support each other to be better leaders and grow their businesses.’
Rod Mewing’s business background and board/committee experiences have been diverse and extensive across a broad range of industry sectors including retailing, property services, information communications and technology and not-for-profit aged care.
His management style has always focused on leading teams and individuals in a coaching capacity to optimise performance and leverage the team’s collective intelligence to implement agreed strategy.
Senior executive roles have included Managing Director and Executive Director of David Jones Ltd (1987-1994), CEO and then Non-Executive Director of Tempo Services Ltd (1995-2005) and Group General Manager of AWA Distribution and Services (1997-2000).
Since 2000, Rod was engaged by Telstra Corporation as Retail Director and Principal Business Consultant within the capability and innovation team with key responsibilities including:
- Deliver strategic customer engagement programs with particular focus on the implications of new technology trends and developments on enhancing competitive advantage.
- Provide innovation and executive and board education briefings to share insights into changing technologies, employee and customer behaviours and need to respond with new business models
- Facilitate joint management panels, CEO roundtables and discovery workshops to identify opportunities for technology to address key business challenges
From 2003, Rod was also a voluntary Non-Executive Director and then Chairman of HammondCare and HammondCare Health & Hospitals. A not-for-profit christian based organisation providing residential and community based aged care services in addition to sub-acute hospital services.
Most recently, he is focused on providing executive coaching and mentoring services in addition to consulting support on strategic customer engagement programs with an emphasis on the implications of new technology trends and developments enhancing competitive differentiation.
- Experienced senior business executive with in depth understanding of the ICT, retail, aged care and services sectors
- Extensive public company and NFP board level experience in both executive and non-executive director roles
- Strong facilitation, communication and presentation experience
- Working knowledge and insights into current technology trends and implications on traditional business models, employee productivity and customer engagement
- Awareness of the role and importance of strategy and effective execution in business sustainability