'My goal as a TEC Chair is to see my members come together to challenge and support each other. During COVID it was incredibly rewarding to see members rally together, and this unwavering support saw their businesses grow during such a challenging and uncertain time.'
Richard Palmer’s experience and success in corporate finance, private equity and advisory has made him well practised in the art of ‘getting things done’. He now instils that experience as a TEC Chair, helping business leaders identify growth opportunities, deal with personal and business challenges of change and rapid growth and achieve their goals through more effective execution.
Richard’s a corporate finance and private equity professional, with 25 years’ in-house and external advisory experience in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. Over the course of his career, he’s been an Investor, Director, CEO, and business owner, but in every role brings a passion for driving personal and business growth within the businesses works with.
Highlights from his career include:
- Roles with three private equity management teams’ that have managed funds of $500m
- Held a range of senior corporate roles in the finance and telecommunication sectors
- Has served as the Independent Chair and Non-Executive
- Director of 10 private companies over the last 12 years'
- Held a number of voluntary Advisory Board positions