TEC Chief Executive Program Chair
'My greatest pleasure as a CEO and professional mentor has come from enabling my staff and clients to be the best possible version of themselves. Being a TEC Chair allows me to fulfil my professional ideal: creating truly sustainable growth through collaboration.'
- Turned around well-established business from decline to doubled revenue, ten-fold increase in reserves and revitalized brand, built on a clear vision for growth
- Career includes being a CEO in major national NFP, a management consultant and a commercial business owner
- First ever female President of Sydney Business Chamber since its inception in 1825
- Start-up technology project in partnership with federal government internationally recognised as best in class
- Proven expertise and acceptance in Indigenous cultural affairs
- National reputation for business leadership recognized with an Order of Australia (AM) in 2019
- Industry leadership recognized with an honorary PhD from University of Melbourne (2017)
Mary Jo has worked across every Australian state and territory as CEO and mentor for the past thirty years'. She has earned a national reputation for galvanizing boards, staff and stakeholders behind strategic visions for growth. She has always extended her professional life through active involvement on industry boards and advisory groups where she has become known for negotiating break-through deals.
One of proudest achievements was in bringing together divergent forces in business and government to achieve technology innovation in arts education which was subsequently labelled by the Guardian UK as one of the ten best in the world. She has been widely recognised for creating an empowering culture and galvanizing stakeholders to increase revenue, reserves and reputation.
For the past 20 years' she was CEO of the major national cultural institution, Musica Viva Australia. She also ran her own management consultancy for 10 years', and was co-owner of a commercial television production company for 5 years'. Throughout, she has been actively involved in chairing boards and mentoring talent to build capacity in Australian business.
Find a membership program to suit you
The TEC Chief Executive Program is designed to help you make more effective decisions that lead to powerful results. At the core, a confidential advisory group of peers helps you focus on what’s most critical. Led by an accomplished business leader, this unbiased group will help you solve problems and uncover opportunities. Take your business to the next level. Find out more
Running a small business, you face complex issues every day. Your resources are stretched, competition is fierce and new challenges persist. The TEC Small Business Program gives you a forum to rise above the urgent and focus on what’s most critical: the tough, strategic decisions that will drive your business forward. Find out more
The Key Executive Program connects you to an elite peer group with one goal: empowering one another to reach new levels. Confidentially address personal and professional challenges with the guidance of an accomplished business leader. Leverage new insights and powerful resources to hone your leadership skills and push your career forward. Find out more