New South Wales
TEC Chair: Chief Executive Program
‘Research shows that CEOs, as members of a high performing TEC group, consistently outperform their competition. This is because TEC facilitates more effective decisions that lead to powerful results. There’s a lot riding on your decisions and the Chief Executive Program is designed to help you lead more strategically, effectively and sustainably on both personal and professional levels. It is an honour for me to be part of this organisation working with outstanding leaders within a focused, collaborative and effective structure.’
Laurie Newman is an experienced coach and mentor passionately working to increase the effectiveness and enhance the professional and personal lives of CEOs and Business Owners. For the past 5 years he has undertaken many coaching and mentoring assignments with business leaders who have then found additional successes by identifying, prioritising and achieving their professional and life goals.
Laurie’s executive career has focused on the development of successful markets for emerging technologies; re-positioning traditional companies to excel in the digital world and portfolio management to create solutions for critical business objectives. His commercial successes have predominantly been achieved by mentoring peers and direct reports to identify and resolve challenges inherent in vibrant complex organisations.
In his assignments, Laurie draws upon his broad commercial experience which has included 25 years’ as a chief executive and in senior leadership roles across telco, IT, digital marketing, finance and advisory markets. Roles have included:
- Australian CEO of Informatica, a listed data management company.
- Business Advisory roles assisting owners and boards of start-ups and scale-ups focusing on growing online enterprises in the IT, fintech, and retail sectors.
- Asia Pacific Director for AT&T’s online product portfolio.
- Management of AT&T’s Customer Advisory Council (CIO forum for the Global 2000).
- Coaching and mentoring CEOs of start-ups in technology, supply chain quality management; animal protection; online retail and tourism markets.
Laurie’s global experience and leadership across multiple cultures within large and smaller multinationals adds to his ability to work with a broad cross section of diverse leaders today and co-create solutions for most scenarios they might face in their businesses.