- Experienced multi sector chair, director and chief executive for more than 35 years
- Specialises in helping executives vision, and then deliver, big hairy audacious goals
- Experience in corporate, government and not-for-profit sectors
- Embraces disruption to identify opportunity and reimagine business models
Lance helps business executives embrace disruption, take on glass ceilings, to be creative and innovative and, above all, to challenge and be challenged.
He is results-oriented and a highly effective communicator
who focusses on getting the best out of people. He has a has had a stellar career, initially as an hotelier and destination marketer before taking on other sectors including sports management, architecture and health services.
He became acting General Manager for a 5-star hotel at 25, a New Zealand Tourism Award winner as General Manager of the boutique resort and winery, Hotel du Vin. He became CEO of Tourism Auckland, New Zealand’s largest regional tourism organisation when he was 37, leading that region and its program of hosting the America’s Cup defence 2000, APEC and the Millennium Celebrations.
For the last 10 years Lance has focused heavily on governance in both private and not-for profit sectors. As Chair of WarmShowers Inc this year (180,000 cycle touring and hosting members worldwide) he has led the transformation of its business model leading to an unprecedented 300% revenue growth during the COVID-19 disruption. This growth is projected to at least double again in 2021.
- Creating successful cultures
- Identifying opportunities and leverage from disruption
- Strategic development
- Change management