- Operational (P&L) leadership, strategic sales & marketing, R&D and manufacturing experience at senior executive level
- Broad multi-sector experience – from startups to large corporates
- Innovation leader – focus on new product development and commercialisation and the definition of novel value propositions and business models
- Lived and worked in China with responsibilities across SE Asia and Greater China
Kerry Skellern is an independent business adviser and non-executive director with 30 years' of business experience working with companies from large corporates to start-ups. Kerry brings significant expertise as an operational leader working in technical environments and is an expert in change management.
With qualifications in engineering, science, business administration and governance, Kerry commenced her career in engineering roles with ICI Australia before moving into strategic marketing, planning and executive roles in the industrial infrastructure, healthcare, building, technology and chemical sectors.
Companies she has worked with include General Electric, Fletcher Insulation, James Hardie Industries, CSR and ICI Australia. Kerry lived and worked in China for two years' as Business Improvement Manager for CSR Insulation Asia. She has also worked with start-up businesses in Australia, primarily in the technology sector.
More recently, Kerry has worked with SMEs, including family owned businesses, to advise them in all aspects of their business as they define and achieve their business objectives.
Kerry has practical governance experience as a Chair and Non-Executive Director of statutory and advisory boards of NFP and privately held organisations. Kerry is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors, a trustee of the Committee for the Economic Development of Australia and a member of Women on Boards.
- Business strategy development and implementation
- Change management
- Strategic marketing
- Operational leadership