TEC Chair: Chief Executive Program
‘My own experience as a member demonstrated the enormous benefits TEC offers to its members to learn and grow as leaders. As a Chair we are privileged with building and facilitating a strong cohesive group who share their experience, learn, encourage and support each other on their journey to being better leaders and growing their businesses. It would be very satisfying watching members develop.’
Joseph Scarf is a transformational leader with over 20 years’ CEO/MD level management experience, building key energizer affiliates into highly competitive, FMCG market leaders. Being highly practical, his always aware of striking the right balance between long-term strategic viewpoints and day-to-day detail. Joseph strongly believes in the link between the right strategies, culture, capabilities and processes to achieve profitable and sustainable growth.
His most recent role was RVP Oceania for Energizer Holdings, an executive leadership role, tasked with driving profitable and sustainable growth for Australia, New Zealand, Philippines and South Africa businesses, with sales of over $400 million. Key achievements included championing transformative cultural change across all business units; consistent sales, profit and market share growth in all markets; successful integration of acquisitions.
Most recently, Joseph has led a number of Asia wide projects including developing an Asia wide accelerated growth plan, transformational cost reduction and ultimately the split of the organisation into two companies.
With a degree in industrial engineering, his held previous roles in industrial engineering, production management, supply chain management and marketing.
- Broad multi-disciplinary experience covering
- Industrial engineering, supply chain, marketing, project and executive management.
- Experience in leading transformational projects
- Building high performance teams with the appropriate culture and capabilities.
- Driving market expansion- local and international.
- Member of AICD ( 2009 – current)
- Governor AMCHAM (2006 – current)
- Director Ryde Hunters Hill Housing Cooperative ( 2006 – 2011)