TEC Chair: Chief Executive Program
- Held MD/CEO roles in both listed and private companies, service organisations, manufacturing companies, and professional firms
- Undertaken capital and equity raisings and dealt regularly and successfully with all of Australia’s major banks
- Run large sales team and successfully grown sales in challenging circumstances
- Strategic thinker with an ability to turn strategies into numbers and then accurately budget and forecast the expected financial outcomes
‘As a TEC Chair I get great satisfaction in passing on key learnings and insights from over 40 years business experience. I enjoy helping executives navigate the steps they need to take to solve problems and succeed. TEC provides tested and innovative processes, that can give real insights to the problems and issues that are regularly faced by CEOs’
John Stewart is a Chartered Accountant by profession, but has spent much of the last 18 years as the Managing Director or CEO of companies that he has an equity stake in, often leading a turnaround or a significant increase in performance. John’s last role was as the MD of SEMA Holdings, bringing the company out of voluntary administration before it could be successfully sold to IVE Group Limited.
His real specialty is cash and cash management – how do you create cash, beg, borrow or raise cash via equity. Importantly how do you accurately predict your cash requirements so that you always have it under control because, as the saying goes, you only run out of cash once.
John was also a Director (and Chaired the Audit Committee) of MYOB Limited from the time of its initial listing until the first Private Equity privatisation of the company in 2009 – a period of almost 10 years.
He has devoted significant time to NFP’s particularly with UNICEF in Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants and remains very willing to giving his time to the right causes.
- Strategic planning
- Equity financing
- Financial management
- Cash management and profitability
- Sales performance – management and effectiveness
- Effective decision-making