TEC Chair: Small Business Program
As an award-winning consultant (with recognition by the Australian Financial Review), Geoff Ellis challenges CEOs and executive teams to renew their organisation’s strategy, recreating their culture, improving their reputation and boosting their performance.
Over the last 30 years, his helped some of the best known businesses including Coates Shorco, White Lady Funerals, Landcom, Treasury in Canberra and international shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
Outlook for the group
In leading a TEC Group, Geoff aims to assist business owners and CEOs to improve their effectiveness as a leader and driving business results, leaving a measurable impact on their organisational success.
Geoff is an accountant with a long list of qualifications and accomplishments and was recognised in 2007 by the Australian Financial Review as being a Qualified Business Advisor. For the past 12 years his been a Non-Executive Director of the BEC and was appointed in December 2015 as Interim CEO in the capacity of Executive Director.
Prior to starting his own consulting practice in 2003, his previously worked in the public and private sectors with both national and international responsibilities, including being 2nd in charge of treasury in Canberra (and delivered the transition from cash to accrual accounting across 44 government agencies) followed by turning-around a national logistics business.
Geoff sits on a number of commercial and not-for-profit boards (including a Credit Union) and is well regarded as an experienced and relevant business advisor and business broker.
Recommended speaker for CPA Australia, Geoff regularly presenting at CPD events for accountants as well as conferences such as AMP Financial Planners Association and Interflora.
As a long-term proud Macarthur business owner and resident, his actively involved in the business, residential and charity communities.
- Business acquisition
- Growth strategies
- Strategy development
- Business planning
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Master of Business (Management)
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting Major with a Sub-Major in Organisations and Management)
- Licensed Business Agent (Business Broker)
- Fellow Australian Institute of Management
- Fellow Australian Society of CPA’s
- Member Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Member Institute of Management Consultants
- Member Australian Institute of Business Brokers
- Certified Practicing Business Broker
- Accredited Myers-Briggs Type Indicator™ Assessor
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in Finance & Business since 2002 (International Edition)
- Listed in Marquis Who’s Who in the World since 2005 (International Edition)
- Director “The Mac” Credit Union
- Director and Vice Chairman Macarthur Business Enterprise Centre
- Director (Past President) Youth Solutions
- Committee Member (Past Chairman) Macarthur Accountants Discussion Group
- Director Compliance Resource Associates International (who is also the Appointed Administrator of the ANZEx Certification Scheme)
- Listed on CPA Australia National Directors Registers
- Listing in the CPA Australia Recommended Speakers List