TEC Chair: Chief Executive Program
I hold a thorough business background as a manager, human resource practitioner, sales director and university lecturer. I have a Ph.D. and extensive consulting experience in a wide range of private and public sectors, currently focusing on small and medium size enterprises.
Starting my first TEC group in Adelaide in 1987, and have chaired a number of groups over the intervening years, I’m the longest serving TEC Chair in Australia.
I’ve spent over 15,000 hours in one-to-ones and over 600 days facilitating CEO workshops. Each year TEC International (USA) honours a TEC Chairman with its highest accolade, the Donald Cope Award. In 2003, this was awarded to myself, the first time in TEC’s history that the award has gone to a non-American.
I’m a prolific creator of learning materials and publications and have undertaken a range of recruiting assignments and regularly speak to CEOs in Australia, Asia, UK and USA.
My great passions are mentoring, coaching, writing and speaking. I have presented talks and business seminars on personal, CEO, leadership, and business topics to CEOs and TEC Chairs in Australia, Malaysia, Singapore, the UK, Canada, USA, and Argentina.
- Chartered Member of the Institute of Management Consultants
- Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD); completed the AICD Company
- Directors Course Diploma at merit level
- Senior Certified E-Myth Coach with Michael Gerber
- Member and President of the International Coaches Federation (ICF)
- Master Certified Coach (ICF)
- Certified Hudson Institute Coach (Santa Barbara)
- Accredited Speaking Member of the National Speakers’ Association of Australia
‘TEC provides the forum and process for me to road test my plans and leadership approach. There is no forum I know of that does this as effectively as TEC and in particular Adrian’s group.’
Glen Simpson, Coffey International Ltd