New Group Launch
As an award-winning consultant (with recognition by the Australian Financial Review), Geoff challenges CEOs and executive teams to renew their organisation’s strategy, recreate their culture, improve their reputation and boost their performance.
Over the last 30 years, Geoff has helped some of the best known businesses including Coates Shorco, White Lady Funerals, Landcom, Treasury in Canberra and international shipping company Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
Outlook for the group
Joining TEC Chair was a natural and logical fit for Keith following a career that evolved interacting and supporting business owners and executives in a variety of industries adapting to different business cycles and market changes, and some in adverse circumstances.
Experience has shown the leverage from collecting different perspectives and experiences while focusing on an issue can quickly and significantly improve the options, and the quality and confidence of the decision.
TEC is about challenge and achieving personal and professional growth in a positive and supportive peer network.
Keith is a proactive learner and has worked in a wide range of industries and business cycles and has used these experience based insights to lead effective business transformations.
Keith’s career commenced as a diesel mechanic progressing through engineering, operations, marketing and 17 years’ experience in CEO GM roles.
On many occasions Keith was approached to transform businesses’s struggling with growth, underperforming or in financial distress, and has championed many turnarounds and business restructures. Collectively this required raising working capital, M&A’s and integrations, launching new products, cost downs, start-ups, divestments and consolidations.
After working in and setting up a telecommunications manufacturing plant in China, Keith completed the Australian Institute of Company Directors Diploma and progressed in to Board advisory roles in parallel with interim management functions working with national and boutique award winning business advisory firms.
From this Keith has a strong appreciation and experience in the integration of people, systems, processes, capital and strategy implementation.
Through this, Keith has extensive insights and leadership experience supporting Boards, CEO’s and management and a legacy of developing and imparting the knowledge gained. This development continues through directorships, board advisory and as a TEC Chair.
- Chief Estimator for the very first 146 Electric Coal Carrying Locomotives in Queensland.
- Winning a Queensland Employer of the Year Training Award, funding a UK tour of best practice companies.
- Successfully leading and setting up a telecommunications manufacturing plant while working in Suzhou China.
- Receiving a Turnaround Professional of the Year Award by the Turnaround Management Association Australia.
- Successful leading the turnaround of a 9 site manufacturing division of an ASX public listed entity.
- Selected to do a CEO leadership development program for the implementation of the Toyota Production System by Toyota in Japan.
- Leading and completing more than eight major business restructuring and turnarounds for private companies.
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Business restructuring, turnarounds, M&A implementation.
- Board advisory in SME’s and family business.
- Supporting and guiding directors through complex challenges.
- Financial and operational assessments and improvements.
- Improving working capital and external funding networks.
- Manufacturing and engineering industries and technical products.
- Structured problem-solving and root cause analysis.
- Leading change management and transformation.
Qualifications & Professional Memberships
- Fellow – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow – Institute of Leaders and Managers
- Fellow – Australasian Interim Executive Association
- Member – Turnaround Management Association Australia
- Practicing and aspiring Director
- Associate Director – Amplifi Governance (4 years)
- Board Advisor (15+ SME project related)
What could be expected from the group?
A friendly, confidential, supportive and trustworthy network of peers willing to give and receive constructive feedback and experiences. The member mix will be from a range of industries and functional expertise. The common goal being to support and learn from each other and to remove the sense of isolation that sometimes evolves being a CEO.
A CEOs biggest challenge
Adapting to continual change and leading and supporting their workforce to stay relevant and competitive in their chosen markets.