Keith’s career commenced as a diesel mechanic and progressed through engineering, operations, marketing and 17 years’ experience in CEO GM roles.
Keith has vast experience transforming businesses struggling with growth, underperforming or in financial distress, and has championed many turnarounds and business restructures. In executing change strategies Keith has drawn on his knowledge of raising working capital, M&A’s and integrations, launching new products, cost downs, start-ups, divestments and consolidations.
Keith feels becoming a TEC Chair is a natural and logical progression for him personally and professionally. He sees the opportunity to draw on his experience interacting and supporting business owners and executives in a variety of industries having assisted many who have found themselves adapting to different business cycles and market changes including many facing adverse circumstances.
Keith has extensive insights and leadership experience supporting Boards, CEOs and management and a legacy of developing and imparting the knowledge gained.
- Chief Estimator for the very first 146 Electric Coal Carrying Locomotives in Queensland.
- Winning a Queensland Employer of the Year Training Award, funding a UK tour of best practice companies.
- Successfully leading and setting up a telecommunications manufacturing plant while working in Suzhou China.
- Receiving a Turnaround Professional of the Year Award by the Turnaround Management Association Australia.
- Successful leading the turnaround of a 9 site manufacturing division of an ASX public listed entity.
- Selected to do a CEO leadership development program for the implementation of the Toyota Production System by Toyota in Japan.
- Leading and completing more than eight major business restructuring and turnarounds for private companies.
- Strategy development and implementation.
- Business restructuring, turnarounds, M&A implementation.
- Board advisory in SMEs and family business.
- Supporting and guiding directors through complex challenges.
- Financial and operational assessments and improvements.
- Improving working capital and external funding networks.
- Manufacturing and engineering industries and technical products.
- Structured problem-solving and root cause analysis.
- Leading change management and transformation.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships:
- Fellow – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Fellow – Institute of Managers and Leaders
- Fellow – Australasian Interim Executive Association
- Member – Turnaround Management Association Australia
- Practicing and aspiring Director
- Associate Director – Amplifi Governance (4 years)
- Board Advisor (15+ SME project related)
What could be expected from the group?
A friendly, confidential, supportive and trustworthy network of peers willing to give and receive constructive feedback and experiences. The member mix will be from a range of industries and functional expertise. The common goal being to support and learn from each other and to remove the sense of isolation that sometimes evolves being a CEO.
A CEOs biggest challenge
Adapting to continual change and leading and supporting their workforce to stay relevant and competitive in their chosen markets.