Responsible for both the customer service experience and member retention efforts for the organization, the Client Services Advisor (CSA) seeks to ensure a 1st class experience for all the constituents of the Vistage-inspired community, and therefore functions as the designated “go to” for our 400+ Chairs and 1,000+ Expert Resource Speakers as they coordinate over 5,000+ speaker member meetings on behalf of our 11,000+ US membership base. The CSA is in the business of long-term business relationships.
In addition to the essential duty of managing speaker meetings, the CSA will also be measured on his/ her ability to re-engage those active members who are seeking membership alternatives and directing them accordingly, so a similar past work experience of applying empathetic listening skills with a keen sales sense to address member ‘pain points’ while providing alternative solutions in order to keep the member satisfied, is critical.
This position requires regular phone/email conversations with C-level clientele, including internal staff, so it requires considerable tact, discretion and persuasion in order to obtain willing action and consent from those involved. A keen understanding of the audience he supports, coupled with the ability to build and maintain significant and enduring business relationships is a must to be successful in this high impact role.
With more than 19,000 members, Vistage International is the world’s foremost chief executive leadership-development organization, providing unparalleled access to issue-resolution and better performance through monthly peer-advisory groups, one-on-one business coaching, expert-speaker presentations, and extensive online connectivity via articles, best practices, podcasts and webinars.
Today, Vistage International and its affiliates operate in 15 countries. Members meet in small, professionally-facilitated and process-driven groups every month to help one another make better decisions, achieve better results, and become better leaders. They’re also connecting and learning by collaborating online, tapping into a vast content library, and applying the expertise of hundreds of top industry speakers. Simply stated, Vistage is instrumental in helping its members to figure out what to do and to actually do what they must to get their companies to “the next level” of growth and success.
Vistage-member companies generate more than $300 billion in annual revenues and employ approximately over two million employees around the world. Studies have shown that Vistage-member companies outperform their competitors and, on average, grow their revenues at three times the percentage growth rate after joining Vistage. Consequently, Vistage enjoys extraordinary high membership retention, attendance and tenure rates. And Vistage continues to grow its membership, expand internationally, build its brand, and leverage technology.
We invite you to visit our website at www.Vistage.com and learn more about our rich history, our unique programs, our bright future, and our values of Trust, Caring, Challenge and Growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Client Service Support and advocate: Partner with all regional Clients (Chairs, members and speakers) and respond within 24 hours to all client inquiries regarding, but not limited to, business, general and technical support, accounting, membership, problem solving, and curriculum development.
- Member Retention Interviews: Conduct re-engagement calls with pending drop members in order to save (keep in the same group), transition (move to another group) and/or move into sabbatical program.
- Member Satisfaction Calls: Conduct 5 and 11-month check in calls with current members to ensure value being received, and/ or determine satisfaction level to starve off a future drop notice.
- Welcome New Member Calls: Conduct welcome calls to all new members who join our community to ensure they are introduced to the tools available for maximum adoption.
- Book/On-board Speakers: Partner with Chairs to coordinate meeting dates and requested speakers. Also assist in the onboarding and development of new speakers into our database.
- Policy/ New Initiative Promotion: Communicate to the Chairs any new company policies being enforced and/or new initiatives enacted
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to conduct each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to engage top-level candidates (CEO, Key Executive, Small Business Owner) in candid conversations over the phone.
- Works collaboratively with other team members to coordinate efforts and capitalize on opportunities.
- Works with field management to determine opportunities for market penetration.
- Makes recommendations to Manager of Client Services regarding opportunities to maximize retention.
- Serve as the ‘Corporate Advocate’ on-boarding new Members of newly launched groups, checking with members at their first 5 and 11 month marks, helping “At Risk Members” better leverage the Vistage program and conducting exit interviews to save pending member drops.
- Service Clients with a myriad of matters, including but not limited to support, problem solving, coaching, scheduling of speakers, speaker recommendations, promoting Vistage initiatives, general technical support, accounting and membership, observing a 24 hour SLA.
- Develop a strong rapport in order to “influence” Chairs’ decision making.
- Coordinate, and attend all in-house Speaker meetings; may occur outside of normal business hours.
- Periodically attend group meetings, Vistage Conferences, All City and marketing events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- World-class business relationship skills
- Strong customer service skills; ability to interact with C-level clientele.
- Account management, customer service, business development or sales background preferred.
- Previous experience in solution selling/relationship selling to C-suite clients
- 5+ years’ experience with inside phone sales/ consulting/ customer service
- Strong understanding of SalesForce CRM tool (2+ years)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to diffuse potential conflict in a professional manner
- Computer knowledge to include Windows, MS Office, database operations and Internet research
- Working knowledge of basic accounting and business practices
- Some travel within the U.S. is required