Chair since: 2006
Groups: TEC 11, KEY 105
“Becoming a TEC Chair was the logical next step in my business career. I am at my best when engaged with members to help them unclutter their daily lives. Either through the monthly one-on-one process or the group meeting itself, the opportunity to be of service to some of the most enthusiastic leaders I have ever met, is truly a privilege.”
Ian works with CEOs to help them maximise the value of their enterprise by ensuring focus on what matters most. Ian’s coaching and mentoring of CEOs is focused to make culture and strategy work seamlessly together. Ian’s approach is to agree clearly defined goals for the CEO and bring the tools of business strategy, corporate finance and leadership development together to maximise value. Before goals are established Ian asks- Why?, Why is this important? Why are we taking time to undertake a particular journey? Once goals are agreed Ian’s role is to follow up and hold the CEO accountable for progress towards achieving the goals. Particular areas of expertise include:
- Business planning, strategy and execution with a particular focus on financial returns
- Mentoring CEOs and their direct reports
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Directorship- current Public company directorships are Dyesol Limited (DYE), Prime Media Group Limited (PRT). In addition Ian Chairs a number of private companies.
Ian was a co-founder and Managing Director of Nanyang Ventures from establishment until 2004. Funds under management totalled $140million and investments were made in 27 high growth private companies across a range of industries from high technology to manufacturing. The companies ranged from greenfields start-ups to profitable enterprises with revenue in excess of $50million at time of investment.
Ian is a past National President of The Securities Institute of Australia and a Life member of FINSIA and is a member of the school council at Kambala.
Setting and following up on clearly defined objectives for CEOs and business leaders using the tools of business strategy, corporate finance, leadership development collectively to maximise value.
- Corporate finance
- Leadership development
- Financial analysis
- Business strategy
- Strategic planning
- Change management
Ian is Life member of FINSIA and a past National President of The Securities Institute of Australia. During his 20 years of close involvement with the SIA he was on many committees and councils which were involved in furthering the institutes successful education program.
- Know yourself, know your enemy. One hundred battles, One hundred victories.
- What do three wise owls have to do with leadership?
- Marketing vs Sales: What’s the drama?
- Where to Play and How to Win?
- Culture Vs Strategy? Why not Culture+ Strategy?
- Building a winning organisation: Why is it so hard?
- A matter of time
- Purpose or profit
- Margin at the margin
- Should they stay or should they go?