Australian and New Zealand CEOs confident in the year ahead.
We asked 167 of our TEC CEOs from a diverse range of industries about their current levels of confidence.
- Two-thirds of CEOs expect conditions to improve or remain stable in 2021
- 50% of CEOs expect employee numbers to increase over the next 12 months
- 75% of CEOs anticipate sales revenues will increase over the next 12 months
The results are summarised below.
About the CEO Confidence Index
The Executive Connection CEO Confidence Index is a survey measuring the economic outlook and sentiment of Australian and New Zealand business leaders of Mid-market organisations. The survey measures the following indexes:
- Views about economic conditions compared to a year ago
- Expectations for economic conditions in the year ahead
- Business expectations for the next 12 months on:
− Fixed capital expenditure
− Sales revenues
− Prices for their products and services
− Total headcount
The survey also identifies the challenges and opportunities faced by leaders including business operations, leadership, talent and technology. Members are CEOs and business leaders of businesses with up to 200 employees and annual revenue of between $2 million and $100+ million per year. The results provide insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by leaders and their confidence in the Australian and New Zealand business environment as well as insights into key issues such as political leadership, access to funding and market conditions.