CEO mentoring as an alternative to executive coaching
As a business leader or CEO, there are often few people within an organisation who highlight opportunities for you to improve yourself. This means that it is easy to relax on your thought processes, ideals, structures, and approach to general business topics. But nobody is a perfect leader, and CEOs should always be working towards making themselves better. Whether this is in relation to people, personal, or project management, finding a mentor who can lead you to a more productive skill set will be more effective for both you as a leader and your team than an executive coaching can.
Mentoring vs coaching
While the terms coach and mentor are often used interchangeably, they both hold different definitions in the world of executive coaching. Effective mentors hold three key elements that coaches don’t:
TEC executive mentoring
TEC creates a confidential environment for both mentors and members to strive. Through our mentoring programs, our standout CEO and executive mentors connect to business leaders in a unique and personal manner. They are highly experienced professionals with extensive business skills, knowledge, and experience. They question your answers so with you, they can arrive at the root of the issue.
Key attributes of our mentors:
- Proven track records of success and experience
- Understanding of management and leadership challenges
- Passion for developing goals and objectives
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen and empathise
Congratulations to Paul Kelly and the team at Futuro Financial Services on reaching the top 3 in 2 categories at the Core...Read More
In this episode of TEC Live, Stephanie chats with Ross Marston, Founder and Chief Security Strategist for Business Intelligence...Read More
TEC Chairs are prestigious mentors and former business leaders
Our Chairs never stop learning
All TEC Chairs partake in frequent development workshops to enhance their skills and knowledge while collaborating with the wider global network.
Chairs keep members ahead of the pack
TEC Chairs are carefully selected on the basis of their objectivity, insight, and willingness to contribute and help others to succeed in becoming better leaders.
A TEC Chair is your personal business mentor
Every month, you meet one-to-one with your TEC Chair, this private mentoring session provides the opportunity to focus solely on you and your business.
Chairs build groups and facilitate meetings
Chairs devote time and energy to form dynamic thought-provoking groups by personally identifying, mentoring, developing, and engaging members.
The benefits of mentoring
TEC mentors and coaches facilitate the peer advisory group meetings, prompting fresh insights and perspectives. They guide you to overcome the obstacles and make the most of opportunities, to take your leadership to the next level of success.
Our mentors are more than business coaches, prepare to be questioned, challenged, inspired, and mentored to make better decisions for great business results.
One thing our mentors do have in common is their desire to make a difference in the lives of each group member across Australia and New Zealand.
Connecting with a mentor through TEC brings a number of benefits. This includes:
- A supportive environment to explore concepts and present challenges and ideas
- An improvement of both personal and professional relationships
- An analysis of stakeholder interests in more depth
- Being provided with a sounding board for future goals, ambitions, and objectives within a career
- Gaining a deeper meaning about what a leader needs to be in the modern world
TEC mentors are skilled to equip CEOs, MDs, and business owners with the strategies and tools needed to accelerate growth and make better decisions
- Do you need accountability to achieve your goals?
- Do you want to learn from other successful business leaders?
- Do you enjoy being challenged to step outside your comfort zone?
- Do you want to develop your leadership skills further?
- Do you want to increase accountability among staff?
- Do you want to achieve smart growth?
Why do you need a mentor?
Working with a mentor isn’t a sign of weakness, it’s a show of a desire to improve yourself. Every leader needs guidance and direction to be able to work with new generations and manage technology and the changes that continue to occur on the business landscape.