Australian CEOs share their response, mindset, and action plan in the current environment
We asked 214 of our TEC CEOs from a diverse range of industries about their current levels of confidence.
- CEO confidence dropped 40% since the beginning of the year
- 31% experienced major revenue impact
- Cashflow, Duration of restrictions and JobKeeper fairness are top three main concerns
The results are summarised below.
You can also watch a video summary provided by our Economic Advisor Warren Hogan here.
We connect you to people invested in your success.
About the CEO Confidence Index
The Executive Connection CEO Confidence Index is a quarterly survey measuring the economic outlook and sentiment of Australian business leaders of mid-market organisations. The survey measures the following indexes:
- Views about economic conditions compared to a year ago
- Expectations for economic conditions in the year ahead
- Business expectations for the next 12 months on:
− Fixed capital expenditure
− Sales revenues
− Prices for their products and services
− Total headcount
The survey also identifies the challenges and opportunities faced by leaders including business operations, leadership, talent and technology. TEC Members are CEOs and business leaders of businesses with up to 200 employees and annual revenue of between $2 million and $100+ million per year. The results provide insight into the challenges and opportunities faced by leaders and their confidence in the Australian business environment as well as insights into key issues such as political leadership, access to funding and market conditions.