“After almost 10 years as a member of TEC, I know how powerful a TEC group is, from both a professional and personal perspective. TEC impacted my life in a range of positive ways and many of the significant decisions that I needed to make were improved through the TEC experience. Having a mentor who asks the right questions but never judges and having the range of inputs you receive from your group, can only add value and make for better outcomes.
For me, the opportunity as a TEC Chair is to help others be the best they can be and for me to continue to learn.”
My business background has been extensive having operated across a range of industry sectors both within Australia and internationally. My experience covers transport and logistics, maritime, international freight and customs, Information and Technology and even the not for profit sector .I have run business from $5m to $150m in revenue.
I have successfully led programs on transformational change and have experience in both buying and selling businesses along with M&A, both in Australia and overseas.
Prior to my senior management roles, I worked across finance, sales and operations.
In 2014, I set up my own business, Conari Interim Solutions, providing senior executives to organisations on a short to medium term basis to deal with specific projects or to implement new initiatives. These are cases where a high level of skill and experience is needed; however a permanent appointment is not. It is not recruitment, it is variable cost management.
- Delivering change and restructuring
- Strategy development and implementation
- Coaching and mentoring
- Delivering growth (including M&A)
- Leadership and team development
Professional memberships/Board positions/Associations:
- Member of Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Graduate of AICD
TEC Group vision:
My TEC group is for those executives that understand the power of collaboration, support and challenging each other through the right value set. Only then do we grow as individuals and succeed in business. There is so much to be learnt through sharing and exchanging ideas and different approaches.
A CEOs biggest challenge:
Building the right senior executive team around themselves and remembering how powerful that can be.
- Do recruitment analytics make us forget about people?
- The unintended consequences of a contingent workforce
- Is it time to quit your day job and become an interim manager?
- Is the pursuit of success getting in the way of your happiness?
- Technology isn’t your roadblock in the digital world, people are
- There’s no shortcut to a great executive team