‘I have a passion to understand what are the key drivers of a business and then to partner with the business and stakeholders to improve performance and profitability. Becoming a TEC Chair is a perfect role – a rare and exciting opportunity. I can draw on my career skills to facilitate meaningful group and individual discussions while continuing to further learn from committed business leaders and excellent speakers. It’s an opportunity to make a positive difference not just to the business, but also their employees, stakeholders and families.’
I am an experienced leader, specialising in business strategy development and performance improvement through partnering with the business and stakeholders. I have strong strategic finance skills, and rapidly grasp complex issues, describing opportunity potential and the impacts of change and risk. I have worked at senior executive level for government, private and not-for-profit organisations in commercial, manufacturing and service industries.
My roles have covered diverse responsibilities: from Board support and governance, audit and risk management, financial management, IT systems implementation, HR management, funding and pricing negotiations, business transformation and assessment of commercial opportunities through to the traditional finance disciplines of reporting, budgeting and compliance.
- Strategic planning: developing ideas that positively transform and enhance the business
- Proven communication and relationship skills, the credibility to engage with stakeholders and influence senior decision makers.
- Broad financial, commercial, and business acumen
- Identifying and positively harnessing ‘big picture’ business risk
- A strong understanding of Board dynamics and governance through board support over 20 years
- General management and organisational capability
- Leading and developing high performing teams, including leading through change
- CA – Chartered Accountant – CAANZ
- Fellow – Governance NZ (formerly Chartered Secretaries New Zealand)
- Member NZ Institute of Directors
- 2017 – Chair Woman on Boards NZ
- 2015 – 2016 – National Committee Women on Boards NZ
- 2016 – Board Member Governance New Zealand
- 2007 – 2016 – Board Member and Chair Wellington Branch Governance New Zealand
- 2006 – 2014 – Board Member Wellington Youth Orchestras
- 2004 – 2006 – Board Member Asthma New Zealand.
- 2000 – 2007 – Wellington Regional Asthma Society president and committee member.
TEC group vision
Members of my group can expect to be both challenged and encouraged, not just at a business level but also at a personal level as CEOs and leaders. By bringing their authentic self to the table they can expect from robust conversation to come away with fresh thinking, drawing on the collective wisdom of the group. Accountability of agreed actions to attain set goals driving a sense of belonging and purpose.
“Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity” Roman philosopher Seneca.