With more than 19,000 members, Vistage International is the world’s foremost chief executive leadership-development organization, providing unparalleled access to issue-resolution and better performance through monthly peer-advisory groups, one-on-one business coaching, expert-speaker presentations, and extensive online connectivity via articles, best practices, podcasts and webinars.
Today, Vistage International and its affiliates operate in 15 countries. Members meet in small, professionally-facilitated and process-driven groups every month to help one another make better decisions, achieve better results, and become better leaders. Vistage-member companies generate more than $300 billion in annual revenues and employ approximately over two million employees around the world.
We invite you to visit our website at www.Vistage.com and learn more about our rich history, our unique programs, our bright future, and our values of Trust, Caring, Challenge and Growth.
The Sr. Java Developer is a senior technical leadership role at Vistage with deep technical responsibilities to enable our members to succeed.
- Drive design and implementation of durable and secure web based services
- Evaluate new technologies and generate recommendations for engineering direction to senior management
- Lead development teams incorporate with a mixed resources of staff, contractors and outsourced developers in multiple locations
- Mentor and coach engineers to further their technical skills and augment engagement
- Support development and operations teams during production deployments during schedule maintenance windows
- Define and improve development methodologies and processes across the IT organization
- Must have 4-6 years implementing web applications. Must have demonstrated strong performance in prior roles, with increasing levels of responsibility and independence.
- Expertise with Java/J2EE, C#/.Net, Hibernate, Linux (scripting), MS SQL Server (2005+), PostgreSQL, MySQL, Spring, XML
- Experience with systems integration leveraging web services technologies (REST, SOAP, JSON)
- Experience with Social Business Systems such as Jive/SBS
- Basic knowledge of Networking, VPNs, Routing, Private Networks, etc.
- Basic knowledge of CSS (preferably CSS3)
- Expertise in OO Software design/architecture with understanding of design patterns, data structures, and multi-threading
- Excellent communication skills: Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of leadership, including executives
- Basic Knowledge of leveraging virtualization technologies for production, QA and development environments.
Flexible; team member; organized; independent; strategic and analytical; detail-oriented; effective communicator; creative and lively intellect; appropriate sense of urgency; ability to learn new skills particularly technology
Bachelor’s Degree in CS or equivalent experience in medium-sized business IT Department.