New Group Launch
‘I love being a TEC mentor. I enjoy being a servant leader to a group of exciting, committed business leaders. They are all on a growth journey and willingly support the growth of each other. This learning journey motivates me to be the best I can, to encouraged deep problem solving, to bring in excellent speakers and to utilise all my skills as a coach for them one to one. It’s a role totally aligned with my life purpose.’
My background includes a unique mix of multi-national business leadership and cross-functional leadership experiences. My career began in Research and Development, as a Research Agronomist working in South Island agriculture, then transitioned to commercial roles across Dow Chemical NZ before taking on Human Resources leadership and director roles in NZ, Australia then Asia Pacific (AP).
I have a deep business understanding of the AP region from 13 years as Director Human Resources of Dow AgroSciences. This business grew to over $1B sales, 1000 employees, high margins with head-quarters in 13 AP countries, four manufacturing sites, 3 global research stations and teams of people in every district or province across AP. In addition, I led the team of country HR professionals and ensured service delivery in all HR sub functions.
I have worked for 37 years in agri-chemical businesses, and over the last 5 years have supported business owners and CEO’s in NZ’s SME and start-up sectors through consulting, mentoring, coaching and training. In addition I have provided Governance consulting to NZ Schools through NZSTA and act as a Director to CanBreathe.
The majority of my career has been in agriculture, working at the multinational, The Dow Chemical Company (Dow) and Dow AgroSciences (DAS). Dow is the world’s second largest chemical company and DAS is fully owned subsidiary operating a research focused, high margin business using many distribution systems to sell chemical and seed solutions to the world’s farmers.
Through mentoring, coaching and leadership training, I inspire individuals, teams and organisations to achieve high performance and high levels of collaboration and engagement. I have a passion for developing leaders. Other capabilities valued by my clients include: organisation design, ethics and culture, designing programs for compensation, talent development, performance management, building high performance teams, mediation and governance.
Qualifications | Professional Memberships | Associations
- University of Canterbury Alumni since 1976, Christchurch
- Business Mentors, NZ – Certified mentor since 2013
- Provider Management Capability & Development – Certified through NZ Trade & Enterprise, from 2015
- NZ Institute of Directors – Member since 2013
- Australian Human Resources Institute – Certified Professional (CAHRI) since 2011
- Human Resources Institute of New Zealand (HRINZ) – Member since 1991
- Leadership Circle. Accredited coach and trainer since 2015, New Zealand
- Institute of Executive Coaching and Leadership – Certified Coach since 2014, Sydney
- Blanchard International. Certified facilitator of Situational Leadership and Situational Team Leadership since 1995, global
- Wilson’s Learning. Certified facilitator of Building Relationship Versatility and Social Styles Series since 1994, global
- Franklin Covey – Certified facilitator of Seven Habits of Highly Effective People since 1996, global
- Interaction Associates; Certified facilitator of Facilitative Leadership since 2000, global
- PriceWaterhouse – Six Sigma Black Belt since 2001, global
- Korn Ferry. Certified Lominger Learning Agility Coach since 2005, global
- DiSC Certified since 2013, Sydney
The vision for my TEC group is:
Each member has grown their business to be profitable and successful while enhancing their personal life and significantly contributed to their fellow member’s growth.
My TEC group is owned by the members. All members want to grow their business (effectiveness, sales and profit) while also enhancing their personal life. They are prepared to be vulnerable and collaborative to ensure they get the most from the experience and to resolutely help their fellow members be successful.